Why to choose A.M. Patel Institute of Computer Studies (AMPICS) of Ganpat University? (Specify how AMPICS differs from other computer institutes)
MCA offers a three or two-year full-time course, its flagship programme which stands for Master of Computer Applications.
● It is the first institute in the North Gujarat Region which started to offer M.C.A program since 1999.
● Ganpat University main campus is spread across more than 300 acres of lush green area having more than 30,000 grown trees all around, in the campus.
● It has a specialized track on Machine Learning, Internet of Things, Big Data Analytics, Cyber Security, Digital Marketing and Recent trends in Information Technology.
● Proven placement track record.
● Provide 24 hours free Wi-Fi zone at 1 GBPS high-speed broadband capacity in college as well as hostel.
● Provide guidance for interview preparation using taking quiz of Aptitude test and Technical test periodically.
● Extra classes for interested students on Saturday for Advanced Topic
● Strongly Focus on Programming
● Regular lectures are taken and 100% syllabus is covered
● Regular quiz are taken for every subject and continuous evaluation system for quiz and assignment
● Hi-Tech Computer Lab and Very rich Library
Merit scholarship to rank holder student
Is the degree valid all over the world? ( specify the reason)
Yes, It is valid degree in the world. The reasons behind this answer are…
● Ganpat University is approved under section 2(f) of the UGC Act and created under Gujarat State Act No. 19 of 2005.
● It is approved member of the Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
It is approved by UGC and AICTE since 1999..
What courses offered by the college with its duration?
This institute offer only one course i.e. MCA.
● MCA 2 Years (Lateral Entry):
● MCA 3 Years
BCA + MCA (Dual Degree –5 Years Integrated Course)
What is the eligibility criteria?
The MCA course has two different points take an admission. So, following are the eligibility criteria as per norms.
● MCA 2 Years (Lateral Entry): Recognized Bachelor's degree of minimum 3 years duration in BCA, B. Sc. (IT/ Computer Science) with mathematics at 10+2 level or at the graduate level. Obtained at least 50% (45% in case of candidate belonging to reserved category) at the qualifying examination.
● MCA 3 Years: Recognized Bachelor's degree of minimum 3 years duration with mathematics at 10+2 level or at the graduate level. Obtained at least 50% (45% in case of candidate belonging to reserved category) at the qualifying examination.
BCA + MCA (Dual Degree – 5 Years Integrated Course): Passed 10+2 examination with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects along with one of the Chemistry / Biotechnology / Biology / Technical Vocational subject. Obtained at least 45% marks (40% in case of candidate belonging to reserved category) in the above subjects taken together.
What is the admission procedure?
As per the norms and notification of AICTE, the admission process is followed by Policy decided by Government of Gujarat (GOG)
The admission procedures handled by Admission Committee for Professional Courses (ACPC). The students can take an admission as per the norms of ACPC.
What is the intake capacity of the course? ( Bachelor’s & Master’s )
We have three entries point in MCA programme which basis on AICTE rules and regulation.
● The Student get admission in Second Year based on Computer Graduate Programme and maximum intake for MCA (Lateral Entry) is 120.
● The Student get admission in First Year based on Any Graduate Programme and maximum intake for MCA (3 Years) is 120.
The students get admission in MCA 5 year’s integrated programme and maximum intake for MCA (5 Years Integrated) is 120.
What is the examination pattern?
Examination system will be Choice Based Credit System (CBCS) and it contains two parts:
● Continuous Evaluation System (CES)
● End Term Evaluation (TEE)
The students are expected to fulfill all the requirements of internal evaluation which includes written test, quiz, presentation, assignment, seminar etc. stipulated by the department from time to time.
What is the fee structure? (Revised) (Programs at Ganpat)
● As per the Fee Regulatory Committee, Government of Gujarat - MCA programme tuition fee is Rs. 1,00,000/- Per Year.
● The Ganpat University offers Rs. 50,000/- Per Year scholarship for the First Year of MCA Students.
The Ganpat University offers Rs. 20,000/- Per Year scholarship for the Second Year (Lateral Entry) of MCA Students.
Is there any scholarship/ stipends/ fee waiver schemesavailable?
Yes, We have several scholarship schemes applicable as per eligibility.
DG Medals are awarded to outstanding students in recognition of their academic excellence together with exceptional achievements in Research, Innovation, Start-ups, Sports and Community Service etc
What are the facilities at AMPICS?
The AMPICS facilities are…
● Ample learning resources – AC Class room.
● Modern Computer Labs with cutting edge technologies
● Platform for software community Meet-ups
● Choice for elective tracks / specializations in MCA program
● CCTV surveillance
● Audio Visual Equipment
● AV Room
● Faculty and Student Development programs
● Training and Placement Cell
● Industry College Interaction Cell
● Healthy environment
● The Institute has exclusive internet lab having high speed connectivity &Wifi Facility.
AMPICS provides Wi-Fi internet access to all the students and faculty members.
What are the specializations at Master’s?
The MCA course has a specialized track on Machine Learning, Big Data Analytics, Cyber Security, Digital Marketing, Internet of Things and Recent trends in Information Technology
Briefly specify sophisticated Computer Labs at AMPICS?
IInstitute has 5+ air conditioned computer laboratories equipped with all the latest computing software and hardware equipment which provide access to the computers with all the latest configurations. Computer Laboratories contributes the teaching, learning and research related activities of the Institute in effective manners. Each student has been allocated a separate computer to learn the subject effectively. To cope with the changes in the technology, the computing equipment of the laboratories are constantly being updated.
It has following features…
● 5+ Computer lab
● 300+ Computers
● License based software
● CCTV surveillance
● AC Labs
● AV (Projector) resources
● WIFI / LAN connected computers
What is placement insight of AMPICS ? (Specify the name of the companies students recruited at )
AMPICS has industry interface with many reputed companies who visit the institute every year for Campus Interview. Training and Placement cell of the institute provides regular training, guidance and assistance to the students to get them aware about the selection procedure. So far AMPICS has a good placement record on account of academic excellence it has built up
Is the institute provides hostel facility?
Yes, there are hostels for boys and girls with AC, Non AC and Executive Residency (Girls only) as well as Wi-Fi supported with following amenities…
● The hostel rooms are spacious with natural light and ventilation. Each room has an attached toilet and bathroom
● Each student is provided with a study table, chair.
● Each hostel has 24 hour electricity and water supply, water cooler, common telephone, and common TV room.
● Secure Wi-Fi internet connectivity through high end firewall and Hi-speed secured browsing
● Security check at the main gate of each Hostel.
● Lady Warden at girl’s hostels
Non AC Hostel
Accomodation (Per Year)
+ (Electricity Charges Extra)
Rs. 8,750/- (Girls)
Is the institute provides transport facility?
Ganpat University provides transportation facility from various locations. More than 49 luxury buses are regularly available for the use of students and staff commuting from the nearby cities of Ahmedabad, Gandhinagar, Mehsana, Himmatnagar, Vijapur, Unjha,Siddhpur, Visnagar, Palanpur, Patan, etc... In addition, State Transport bus services are also available at regular intervals of time
Transportation Charge (Per Semester) and route are mentioned below.
What are extracurricular activities provided by AMPICS?
In today’s complex and competitive world only domain expertise may not be enough for success. It is important to support and supplement knowledge and skills of other areas to have a greater cutting edge.
● Guest lecture / Expert lecture from industry
● Conferences, Symposia, Workshop / Seminar on recent trends and technology
● Mock Interview / Personality development programme
● Sports Days / Culture Days Celebration
Annual / Fresher programme
What about sports facility at the campus?
In the Ganpat University, MCA department apply holistic approach for overall student’s development. The Ganpat University – Vikram Neil Sports Academy encourages students to attain sporting excellence and provides all the necessary modern facilities and equipment to the students with coaching.
● Football Stadium: 1
● Cricket Stadium: 1 (with Practice Set)
● Tennis Court: 2 (with 1 practice court)
● Volleyball courts: 4
● Olympic Standards Swimming Pool: 1
● Badminton Court (Indoor): 2
● Handball Court: 1 (Indoor) + 1 (Outdoor)
● Squash Court: 1
● Table Tennis: 1
● Gym and Fitness Centre: 1
Yoga and Meditation Facility: 1
What are the options after completion of Master’s?
The options of completion of Masters are…
● Career in Education fields such as M. Tech., M. Phil., Ph. D.
● Certification course of SAP, CCNA, Oracle, Microsoft, Google
● Abroad settled
Eligible for NET/SLET
What are the benefits/ Advantages of Computer Applications course?
The benefits / advantages of Computer Application course…
● Scope inside / outside of India
● Improve Employability, Job Promotions
● A decent pay scale
● Can join teaching profession as Assistant Professor
Software industry as a software/web developer
What are the future options of MCA degree?
The future options of MCA degree are…
● Data Scientist
● Hire by the government organizations and private/public IT companies
● Software Engineer, System Analyst, Software Consultant
● Software Application Architect, Hardware Engineer, System Engineer
● Web Designer / Developer,Technical Writer,Entrepreneurship,Defense
Digital Marketing Manager,Big Data Hadoop Manager
What are the other amenities at the campus?
The Ganpat University campus has following amenities…
● Vikram Neil Sports Academy
● Auditorium / Open Air Theatre / AmphiTheatre
● Conference Halls / Seminar Halls
● State-of-Art Classes
● Entire campus with JIO-WIFI enabled
● Ship in Campus
● Bank & ATMs of Mehsana Urban Co-operative Bank, State Bank of India
● Post Office
● Health Care Center / Shopping Center
What are the new programs offered by AMPICS since 2019-20( Specify eligibility, fee structure , & duration for the same)